|tentacled monstrosity X|
|Attack1||22 (tentacle slap: plain)|
|Attack2||17 (tentacle slap: plain)|
|Attack3||13 (tentacle slap: plain)|
|Attack4||9 (constrict: crush)|
|Type||tentacled monstrosity, tentacled monstrosity|
| A writhing mass of tentacles, all covered in putrid mucus.
“Oozing and surging up out of that yawning trap-door in the Cyclopean crypt I had glimpsed such an unbelievable behemothic monstrosity that I could not doubt the power of its original to kill with its mere sight. Even now I cannot begin to suggest it with any words at my command. I might call it gigantic — tentacled — proboscidian — octopus-eyed — semi-amorphous — plastic — partly squamous and partly rugose — ugh!”
Tentacled monstrosities are enormous, deadly demonic monsters which seek out invaders to crush. They have exceptional amounts of HP, resist almost all elemental damage, and can constrict you in combat to deal heavy amounts of damage. Characters without superlative AC will take a heavy beating if they face a tentacled monstrosity in melee for too long. They can be found in the Depths, the bottom floor of the Vaults and the Swamp, the Realm of Zot, and may sometimes be summoned by Mnoleg in Pandemonium.
Tips & Tricks
- Remember that constriction partially ignores your AC. If you're playing a fragile character and find one getting too close to you for comfort, do whatever it takes to get away. It doesn't take long to turn a deep elf to paste.
- Fortunately, tentacled monstrosities qualify as demons, making weapons of holy wrath excellent for cutting them down to size.
- Tentacled monstrosities have no ranged attacks whatsoever. If you can boost your movement speed to above average, you can kite them to death in relative safety.
- You can summon your own tentacled monstrosities with the Summon Horrible Things spell (up to 2 at a time at very high spell power).
- 0.29 articles
- Tentacle slap type
- Plain flavour
- Constrict type
- Crush flavour
- Fire resistance
- Cold resistance
- Electricity resistance
- Poison resistance
- Drown resistance
- Miasma resistance
- Negative energy resistance
- Negative energy 3
- Torment resistance
- Holy vulnerability
- Human intelligence
- Open doors
- Demonic holiness
- Giant monsters
- See invisible