Wand of scattershot
|A magical device which fires powerful blasts of metallic shrapnel. Its damage is strongly reduced by armour.|
A wand of scattershot fires a volley of metal fragments in a range 5 cone. The damage for each projectile is 9d1 to 9d5 and the number of projectiles ranges from 4 to 14; damage and quantity of projectiles improve with evocations skill.
- Most of the fragments will hit the targeted space, but there is a certain amount of spread which increases as you train evocations. If you're trying to primarily target a single creature, fire at them when they're closer (preferably melee range) to improve your odds of hitting them.
- Because damage reduction from AC is calculated for each projectile separately, wands of scattershot work best against creatures with low AC and are generally ineffective against high-AC targets. Good targets include ogres, jellies, or hydras. If you're fighting anything wearing armour, you may wish to use a different wand.
- Wands of scattershot were removed in 0.25.
- Prior to 0.24, monsters couldn't use this wand.
- Wands of scattershot were added in 0.20, replacing iron rods.
| Acid / Light / Quicksilver • Iceblast / Roots • Charming / Paralysis|
Digging • Flame • Mindburst • Polymorph