Version 0.25: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
For a list of all lesser dragons, see list of dragons.
|wind drake k|
|Attack1|| 12 (bite: plain)
|Type||drake, wind drake|
|A small but powerful dragon, particularly adept amongst its kin at manipulating the currents of air that surround it. It can exhale powerful blasts of wind.|
Wind drakes are one of the least deadly lesser dragons, but they are still capable of irritating and injuring adventurers. Their Air Magic can pummel you with smite-targeted wind damage or push you around the battlefield, and they have a naturally-occurring Repel Missiles effect at all times. They can be encountered in the Shoals, some of The Lair endings, and can be summoned by enemies with the Summon Drakes spell.
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Wind Blast|| Natural flag,|
|Slot2||Airstrike (2d(7-23))||Natural flag|
|Slot3||Repel Missiles||Natural flag|
Tips & Tricks
- Airstrike deals significantly more damage to flying targets, so consider landing when they show up (assuming you aren't flying over deep water at the time).
- When a wind drake is in a horde of monsters on attack, do not attempt to stair dance nor rely on stairs as your primary mode of escape; at any time, you can be blasted back by the wind drake.
- Prior to 0.25, wind drakes had a permanent Deflect Missiles effect instead of Repel Missiles.
- Prior to 0.19, they had wind resistance and were immune to Airstrike and Tornado.
- Wind drakes were added in 0.14.