Difference between revisions of "Boris"
(Updated for 0.13)
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
|Line 63:||Line 62:|
|slot5=[[Orb of Destruction]] (
|slot5=[[Orb of Destruction]] ()
Revision as of 21:03, 22 October 2013
|An ancient and powerful lich. Like all true liches, Boris is immortal, and will regenerate his desiccated skeletal remains even if completely disintegrated.|
Boris is a unique lich that revives after being defeated, reappearing in a random different part of the Dungeon at full strength. He is weaker than an ancient lich, but packs enough powerful magic to constitute a threat even to high-level characters.
- The Dungeon:20-27
- The Swamp:5
- The Snake Pit:5
- The Shoals:5
- The Spider's Nest:5
- The Vaults:2-5
- The Crypt
- The Hall of Blades
- The Tomb
Tips & Tricks
- Boris is capable of one- or two-shotting careless characters. If you aren't confident you can handle him, run.
- Spellcasters should keep their distance (at least 6 squares to avoid Iron Shot, 7 to avoid Bolt of Draining, and 8 to avoid Bolt of Cold), Haste themselves, and use their longest range spells. He can't Haste himself, thankfully, and a concentrated heavy attack can take him down quickly.
- Blink in a different direction or summon some meat shields if Boris uses Orb of Destruction. If an Orb of Destruction hits another orb, it will create a small explosion; this means you can "cancel" Boris' orb with your own, but make sure to do this from a distance or you'll just catch yourself in the explosion. Be warned that this will make a lot of noise.
- Melee fighters should get into melee range with him as quickly as possible. His melee skills, even with a draining brand, are not that dangerous, and being at point blank range with him reduces the power of his Orb of Destruction immensely. Use a scroll of blinking or lure him around a corner to avoid making a very painful charge.
- Boris will not reappear on another level until he is killed. Thus, if you want to avoid encountering him a second time, just leave him where he is and he won't bother you again unless you come back. That being said, you'll be missing out on a hefty chunk of XP.