| A talisman charged with arcane forces of unknown provenance, to be worn as jewellery on a finger.
"A ring of gold and a milk-white dove
-Oscar Wilde, "Chanson". 1881.
A ring is a type of jewellery. Most characters may wear one ring on each hand, paw, or tentacle. This usually limits you to two rings at a time, but octopodes may wear eight, and anyone wearing a macabre finger necklace gets one extra slot. In spite of their additional limbs, formicids are still limited to two ring slots.
List of rings
- ±X Ring of dexterity: Increases or decreases the player's dexterity by X.
- ±X Ring of evasion: Increases or decreases the player's EV score by X.
- Ring of fire: Grants rF+ rC- and one spellpower boost on Fire spells.
- Ring of flight: Grants the Evoke Flight ability, allowing the player to fly for a time.
- Ring of ice: Grants rC+ rF- and one spellpower boost on Ice spells.
- ±X Ring of intelligence: Increases or decreases the player's dexterity by X.
- Ring of loudness: Decreases the player's stealth score by 50.
- Ring of magical power: Increases the player's maximum MP by 9.
- Ring of poison resistance: Grants rPois.
- Ring of positive energy: Grants rN+.
- ±X Ring of protection: Increases or decreases the player's AC score by X.
- Ring of protection from cold: Grants rC+.
- Ring of protection from fire: Grants rF+.
- Ring of protection from magic: Grants MR+.
- Ring of resist corrosion: Grants rCorr.
- Ring of see invisible: Grants the see invisible intrinsic.
- ±X Ring of slaying: Increases or decreases the player's slaying by X (equivalent to weapon enchantment).
- Ring of stealth: Increases the player's stealth score by 50.
- ±X Ring of strength: Increases or decreases the player's strength by X.
- Ring of teleportation: Makes the player randomly teleport next to monsters from time to time, equivalent to teleportitis 3.
- Ring of wizardry: Decreases spell failure chance on all spells.
- Ring of sustain attributes (Removed in 0.19)
- Ring of invisibility (Removed in 0.18)
- Ring of hunger (Removed in 0.15)
- Ring of levitation (Removed in 0.12)
- Ring of life protection (Replaced with the ring of positive energy in 0.13)
- Ring of sustenance (Removed in 0.15)
- Ring of regeneration (Base type changed to amulet in 0.16)
- Ring of teleport control (Removed in 0.17)
|Amulets||Faith • Guardian spirit • Gourmand • Harm • Inaccuracy • Magic regeneration • Rage • Reflection • Regeneration|
|Rings||Dexterity • Evasion • Fire • Flight • Ice • Intelligence • Loudness • Magical power • Poison resistance • Positive energy • Protection • Protection from cold • Protection from fire • Protection from magic • Resist corrosion • See invisible • Slaying • Stealth • Strength • Teleportation • Wizardry|