This page covers the spell. For the summoned construct, see Spellforged servitor (monster).
| Summons an extraplanar elemental and binds it to a durable shell forged from the caster's own magic. The servitor is capable of unleashing some of the destructive spells known to its creator, though the strongest and most volatile of magics cannot be imbued in this fashion.
“When you think
Spellforged Servitor is a level 7 Conjurations/Summonings spell which calls a spellforged servitor into existence. This is a fairly durable, omni-resistant construct which knows one destructive spell from your own list of known spells. The spellpower of its spell is based upon the spellpower with which you cast Spellforged Servitor in the first place.
It will know the first among the following spells that you have memorized and can cast with a greater than 50% success rate. The current spell choice is displayed in the full spell description for Spellforged Servitor.
- Lehudib's Crystal Spear
- Orb of Destruction
- Iron Shot
- Conjure Ball Lightning
- Lightning Bolt
- Bolt of Magma
- Stone Arrow
- Lee's Rapid Deconstruction
- Freezing Cloud
- Mephitic Cloud
- Sticky Flame
- Magic Dart
- As its offenses are based upon the destructive magic you know, casters specializing in Conjurations who dabble in Summonings are much more likely to benefit from this spell than are summoners who dabble in Conjurations.
- The spell your Servitor will use depends on your abilities at the time you summon it. You can use equipment with wizardry or intelligence bonuses to boost your success rate with a more powerful spell over 50%, then swap back after the summoning.
- Servitors may not have very high HP or defense, but they come with excellent elemental resistances, allowing them to endure significant elemental assaults. A lucky spellforged servitor with a solid spell can defeat a titan or orb of fire in a straight fight.
- Conjure Ball Lightning is even less safe in a servitor's hands than it is in yours. Make sure to have electricity resistance if you choose to arm your servitor with the spell.
- Make sure you do not rely on your servitor casting a spell to survive a sketchy situation. It may sling two spells in three turns and just as likely wait ten turns between spells. In 0.25 (possibly also in later versions), you will get the message "Your Spellforged Servitor hums quietly as it recharges" while it does so... meaning as long as you see that message, you can at least be certain that it is not yet ready to cast again.
- Your servitor won't disappear or become hostile you if you harm it. So feel free to sling a fireball or firestorm right on top of your servitor. At worst, you kill it.
Spellforged Servitors summoned by monsters will know all of the caster's destructive spells. In addition to the player list, this includes the following monster-only spells:
- Bolt of Fire
- Bolt of Cold
- Bolt of Draining
- Venom Bolt
- Poison Arrow
- Throw Icicle
- Force Lance
- Poisonous Cloud
- Throw Flame
- Throw Frost
- Flame Tongue
The following enemies cast Spellforged Servitor:
- Prior to 0.25, your servitor gained a random selection of up to 5 of your destructive spells.
- Spellforged Servitor was added in 0.14.
- spl-summoning.cc:2317 (0.25.0)