Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Attack1|| 27 (hit: plain)
|Uses|| Weapons & armour|
|Flags|| See invisible|
| A svelte fighter-mage with a gold-rimmed monocle, a keen sense of tradition, and the blood of the gods running through his veins. He's here looking for a worthy opponent, but he's yet to find one.
“I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.”
Frederick the Flawless is a dangerous unique demigod caster. Although he's only fair in melee combat, the damage output of his spells is on par with Cerebov.
- The Depths:3-5
- The Vaults:2-5
- The Crypt
- The Tomb
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Force Lance (3d22)||Wizard flag|
|Slot2||Bolt of Cold (3d30)||Wizard flag|
|Slot3||Iron Shot (3d36)||Wizard flag|
|Slot4||Spellforged Servitor||Wizard flag|
Tips & Tricks
- Frederick's spells can be brutally powerful. Apart from Bolt of Cold, his spells simply deal extreme untyped damage. If he manages to get a Spellforged Servitor on the field, he essentially becomes twice as deadly. Frederick is an excellent opponent to use those scrolls of silence against. His melee skills may be decent (particularly if he has a weapon with a dangerous brand), but they're much less likely to deal 100+ damage to you in a single turn.
- Alternatively, try to fight him at at extreme long range, popping spells like Freezing Cloud and then backing away. If you can hit him with a curare dart first, this kiting process will be even easier.
- While cold resistance will certainly help protect you from his Bolts of Cold, his Iron Shots and Force Lances are going to be a hazard regardless. A source of Repel Missiles will greatly reduce the threat from his spells if you have it, as will high evasion or a good shield.
- Summons can help block Frederick's Iron Shot, but they won't stop his Bolt of Cold.
- Prior to 0.25, Frederick had Iskenderun's Mystic Blast instead of Force Lance.
- Prior to 0.16, Frederick was known as Frederick the Vigilant, was a human instead of a demigod, and knew Invisibility instead of Spellforged Servitor.
- In early versions of DCSS, he was known as Adolf.