|A species of frog that possesses the ability to blink at will. It can blink itself close to its intended prey, or blink away to escape harm. It is commonly found in packs.|
Blink frogs are dangerous pack creatures which blink around constantly. Their attacks deal enough damage to make them lethal to most low-level characters foolish enough to let themselves be surrounded. They commonly appear in the Lair.
Tips & Tricks
- Fast enemies that come in swarms, blink frogs are dangerous to low AC characters. Due to the constant blinking, these frogs have a tendency to flank you, block your escape route, or both at the same time. The blinking also makes it hard to approach in melee.
- Take advantage of the turns spent blinked away to attack at range. Poison and Sticky Flame are effective; even poison darts can work at 0 skill. Area-of-effect spells, such as Fireball, Freezing Cloud, or LRD, can hit multiple frogs while bypassing their high EV.
- Blink frogs are cold-blooded, making them vulnerable to slowing from cold attacks like Frozen Ramparts or weapons of freezing.
- Confusing them, either via the Confusing Touch spell or Mephitic Cloud, keeps them from blinking.
- If you alert an entire pack and don't feel up to taking them on, retreat may be advisable. Even with their speed advantage, their blinking makes it easy to climb stairs without luring up more than one at a time.