|Delvers have, through some mishap, found themselves several floors below the surface of the dungeon. They're equipped with a wide variety of magical escape tools, and are well advised to use them to travel to earlier dungeon floors as quickly as possible.|
Some species may receive different items based on their unique restrictions.
- +0 weapon of choice (hand axe, spear, short sword, falchion, mace, or unarmed)
- +0 leather armour
- Scroll of fog
- Scroll of fear
- Scroll of magic mapping
- Potion of haste
- Wand of digging with 3 charges
Delvers start on Floor 5 of the Dungeon, always on top of a downstair.
Starting Skills and Stats
Adjusted for your species' aptitudes:
Delvers are bound to luck; a stray orc priest or centaur noticing you can end your game instantly. Thankfully, you start with high Stealth to (hopefully) avoid said encounters; playing as a naturally stealthy species like a Spriggan or Gnoll boosts Stealth even higher. Use your starting equipment wisely:
- A scroll of fear can scare away just about any living monster in sight reliably.
- A scroll of magic mapping can let you scout a floor for escape routes or potentially dangerous vaults.
- A potion of haste gives you the speed to run away from foes, including fast ones like adders. Haste also gives you a noticeable combat boost.
- The wand of digging can help in getting to a stair safely, most useful in conjunction with magic mapping.
One strategy, albeit unreliable, is to use your magic mapping in order to find an altar or the Temple early. This may be considered start scumming, but gives you a competent god as soon as D:1. The current lowest turncount game used Delver in order to enter the Temple on turn 21.
- Delvers were added in 0.26.
|Warriors||Fighter • Gladiator • Monk • Hunter • Brigand|
|Zealots||Berserker • Abyssal Knight • Chaos Knight • Cinder Acolyte|
|Warrior-mages||Enchanter • Transmuter • Arcane Marksman • Warper|
|Mages||Hedge Wizard • Conjurer • Summoner • Necromancer • Fire Elementalist • Ice Elementalist • Air Elementalist • Earth Elementalist • Venom Mage|
|Adventurers||Artificer • Wanderer • Delver|