For a list of all elves, see list of deep elves.
|A cold-hearted elven sorcerer, draped in robes of high office. They whisper grimly to themself as they stalk the dungeon, trailing ice crystals through the air behind them.|
Fannar the Cold-Hearted is a unique cold-themed elf, equipped with a staff of freezing and ring of ice (67%) or staff of cold (33%), as well as a robe of cold resistance. They prefer to stay out of melee combat, summoning ice beasts to distract you while blasting you with Ice Magic.
Tips & Tricks
- The difficulty of this fight is determined almost entirely by how much cold resistance you have. If you've got none (or even vulnerability!), you'll probably want to avoid fighting Fannar.
- Reading a scroll of silence will disable Fannar's most dangerous abilities, allowing you to engage them in melee in relative safety.
- The summoned ice beasts are distractions -- don't waste time killing them off if you don't have to. They'll all vanish as soon as Fannar falls.
- Fannar was male before 0.24.
- Prior to 0.18, Fannar knew Condensation Shield, before that spell was removed.
- Prior to 0.13, Fannar knew Ozocubu's Armour in his 3rd spell slot, and was less willing to use his ice beasts as shields.
- Fannar was added in 0.11, and was the first monster to explicitly generate with jewellery.