|This spell temporarily transforms the caster's body into a frozen ice-creature, light enough to float on water.|
- Cold resistance: 3 ranks
- Poison resistance
- +5-12 AC (amount dependent on spell power)
- +20% max HP
- Allows Ozocubu's Armour
- Gain freezing-branded Unarmed Combat attacks
- Unarmed Combat attacks are more powerful (base damage goes from 3 (in most cases) to 12)
- Can swim through deep water
- Resistance to Primal Wave
- Fire, silver, and Lee's Rapid Deconstruction vulnerability
- All equipment except for rings and amulets meld into you, losing all effect
- You cannot use wands, weapons, or throw projectiles.
- With bonuses to HP, AC, and multiple resistances, Ice Form can make a flimsy caster significantly more durable (so long as he watches out for fire attacks). The loss of weapons and armour is not too terrible for transmuters, since they often focus on Unarmed Combat and Dodge anyway, and an ice elementalist's spellcasting will not be impeded.
- The resistances provided make the caster capable of using Mephitic Cloud, Freezing Cloud, and Poisonous Cloud without fear of injuring himself.
- Ice Form is useful in the Swamp and other waterlogged areas for travelling through deep water and ignoring poison and confusion effects. Just be careful not to accidentally drown when the spell wears off. It is less useful in the Shoals; although the rC+++ and Primal Wave resistance helps against merfolk aquamancers and Ilsuiw, a merfolk javelineer armed with silver javelins will be a serious threat.
Prior to 0.17, Ice Form increased the AC bonus from Ozocubu's Armour.
Prior to the changes to butchering in 0.12, Ice Form was an option for players that needed to butcher a corpse but were unable to (due to a cursed blunt weapon).
Prior to 0.6, Ice Form did not allow you to butcher while unarmed.