|Causes monstrous horns or talons to grow from the caster's body, granting them a chance of making an extra attack in melee. It is not powerful enough to meld armour or enhance appendages that are already nonhuman.|
- Horns 2 - Prevented by use of helmets, but allows for an auxiliary headbutt.
- Talons 3 - Prevented by use of boots or lack of feet, but allows for an auxiliary kick.
Several species have restrictions on which mutations they can gain from this spell:
- Species that lack humanoid feet (nagas, centaurs, felids) cannot gain talons
- Due to their hybrid nature, merfolk also cannot gain talons from Beastly Appendage.
- Octopodes, being incompatible with either mutation, gain a spiked tentacle instead.
The duration of these mutations is dependent upon your spell power. Sadly, you cannot cast it multiple times to get both effects; casting it again simply extends the duration of your current mutation.
Transmuters begin with this spell memorized.
Beastly Appendage can significantly improve the combat capabilities of low-level transmuters, though its effectiveness depends on which of the mutations you receive: Horns are more powerful than Talons. If you're willing to wear boots and only wear a hat, you can guarantee that the more useful mutation will occur.