- This page is a stub. You could probably expand this page should you wish to do so.
| The Armataurs are a large, scaled mammalian species, walking on four feet and swinging a powerful tail behind them. Their elephant-back armies terrorize the lands outside the Dungeon.
Armataurs instinctively roll when moving toward foes, getting a free move. Their long, nimble tongues drink every last drop from potions, doubling their effects, but the strange syllables of magical scrolls slow them down. They have great aptitudes with armour and shields, though their body shape reduces the protection offered by body armour early on.
- Armataurs are a hybrid species, with a humanoid torso atop a larger body.
- Deformed: Armataurs get only half of the armour's base AC.
- Armataurs cannot wear boots, but may equip bardings.
- Armataurs are large enough to attack normally while standing in shallow water (though they still move slowly through it).
- Armataurs are less encumbered by shields than medium-sized species.
- Rugged Brown Scales 3: Armataurs are covered in rugged brown scales (AC +3, +7% max HP).
- Rollpage 1: Armataurs have innate rampaging, rolling quickly as they move towards enemies.
- Armoured Tail: Armataurs have armoured tails that they may use to make especially damaging tail-slap auxiliary attacks.
- Awkward Tongue: Armataurs read scrolls 50% slower.
- Long Tongue: Potion effects are doubled. See below for detail.
Armataurs have a base Strength of 13, Intelligence of 8, and Dexterity of 5 (before background modifiers).
- Potions that give status effects, like potions of haste, have the duration of their effects doubled (except for ambrosia).
- Potions that heal HP/MP give double healing.
- Potions of curing restore 10-22 HP, 16 HP on average.
- Potions of heal wounds and potions of magic restore 20-74 HP/MP, 47 HP/MP on average.
- Potions of ambrosia restore 6-10 HP and MP per turn, 8 HP and MP on average.
- Other potions' effects are directly doubled:
- Potions of experience grant two XP levels.
- Potions of degeneration temporarily reduce each stat by 2-6 points.
- Potions of mutation remove 4-6 mutations, then give 2-6 random mutations, then give one guaranteed good mutation.
- Potions of cancellation remove 2000-10000 points of magic contamination.
Followers of Gozag don't get any bonus from Potion Petition, but followers of Xom receive double effects from the god's potion effect gifts.
Armataurs in Kryia's mail coat can restore 3x HP by quaffing potions of curing or heal wounds.
- Warriors: Fighter
- Zealots: Berserker
- Warrior-Mages: Warper
- Mages: Hedge Wizard
- +1 strength, intelligence, or dexterity (equal chance) every 4th level.
- 10% more HP than average.
- +3 willpower per level.
Starting Skills and Equipment
Armataurs start with the skills and equipment listed for their background.
Difficulty of Play
|Simple • Intermediate • Advanced|
The higher the value, the better the aptitude.
|Maces & Flails||-1||Shields||1||Summonings||-2|
|Ranged Weapons||-3||Air Magic||-1|
- Armataurs will replace Palentongas in 0.30.
|Simple||Hill Orc • Minotaur • Merfolk • Gargoyle • Draconian • Palentonga • Troll • Ghoul • Gnoll|
|Intermediate||Human • Kobold • Demonspawn • Djinni • Spriggan • Tengu • Deep Elf • Ogre • Barachi|
|Advanced||Vine Stalker • Vampire • Demigod • Formicid • Naga • Octopode • Felid • Meteoran • Mummy|