|An imposing idol of some nameless arctic god, carved in glistening deep blue ice. Freezing vapours swirl about it, and a chill pervades the air.|
Ice statues are stationary guardians which use assorted Ice Magic to kill you from a distance and summon ice beasts while you're in their LOS. Unlike normal statues, ice statues are immune to wands of digging . Instead, use fire or Lee's Rapid Deconstruction to make short work of them. They are commonly found in Ice Caves, and occasionally accompany Antaeus in the depths of Cocytus.
Tips & Tricks
- Obviously, cold resistance helps a lot here, as you'll be taking heavy damage from the statue's spells and its summoned ice beasts without it.
- Fire Magic suggestions:
- Statues are stationary, so you can hit them with Sticky Flame, blink away, and repeat the process when they stop melting. Starburst kills them even faster.
- If you have Fireball, you don't even need to be in their LOS to hit them: stay around a corner and target an adjacent square.
- Making a wall of Conjured Flames works in theory to impede ice beasts and block ice spells. In practice, actually making a wall and maintaining it takes enough time and effort that you're probably better off just blasting the statue.
- Those with Iron Shot and similar can make good use of it here, as ice statues have abysmal EV.
- Characters without ranged options should pile on the cold resistance, then charge the statue from the closest available cover. Depending on your equipment and abilities, further buffing oneself or blinking into melee range may also be recommended.
- Ice statues can't see invisible. Attacking them while invisible allows you to stab them and greatly reduces the odds of them casting anything at you.