Version 0.29: This article is up to date for the latest stable release of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
|ice statue 8|
|Type||statue, ice statue|
|An imposing idol of some nameless arctic god, carved in glistening deep blue ice. Freezing vapours swirl about it, and a chill pervades the air.|
Ice statues are stationary guardians which use assorted Ice Magic to kill you from a distance and summon ice beasts while you're in their LOS. Unlike normal statues, ice statues are immune to wands of digging . Instead, use fire or Lee's Rapid Deconstruction to make short work of them. They are commonly found in Ice Caves, and occasionally accompany Antaeus in the depths of Cocytus.
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Bolt of Cold (3d16)||Magical flag|
|Slot2||Throw Icicle (3d16)||Magical flag|
|Slot3||Freezing Cloud (2d17)||Magical flag|
|Slot4||Summon Ice Beast||Magical flag|
Tips & Tricks
- Cold resistance helps a lot here, as you'll be taking heavy damage from the statue's spells and its summoned ice beasts without it.
- Fire Magic suggestions:
- Statues are stationary, so you can hit them with Sticky Flame, blink away, and repeat the process when they stop melting. Starburst kills them even faster.
- If you have Fireball, you don't even need to be in their LOS to hit them: stay around a corner and target an adjacent square.
- Another way to destroy an ice statue without being in its LOS is to blow it up with Fulminant Prisms.
- Those with Iron Shot and similar can make good use of it here, as ice statues have abysmal EV.
- Characters without ranged options should pile on the cold resistance, then charge the statue from the closest available cover. Depending on your equipment and abilities, further buffing oneself or blinking into melee range may also be recommended.
- Ice statues can't see invisible. Attacking them while invisible allows you to stab them and greatly reduces the odds of them casting anything at you.
- 0.29 articles
- Cold resistance
- Cold resistance 3
- Electricity resistance
- Poison resistance
- Poison resistance 3
- Drown resistance
- Miasma resistance
- Negative energy resistance
- Negative energy 3
- Torment resistance
- Petrify resistance
- Fire vulnerability
- Human intelligence
- Uses nothing
- Nonliving holiness
- Asphyxiation resistance
- Large monsters
- Unbreathing monsters
- Speaking monster