|An imposing idol of some nameless arctic god, carved in glistening deep blue ice. Freezing vapours swirl about it, and a chill pervades the air.|
Ice statues are stationary guardians which use assorted Ice Magic to kill you from a distance and summon ice beasts while you're in their LOS. Unlike normal statues, ice statues are immune to wands of digging . Instead, use fire or Lee's Rapid Deconstruction to make short work of them. They are commonly found in Ice Caves, and occasionally accompany Antaeus in the depths of Cocytus.
Tips & Tricks
- Cold resistance helps a lot here, as you'll be taking heavy damage from the statue's spells and its summoned ice beasts without it.
- Fire Magic suggestions:
- Another way to destroy an ice statue without being in its LOS is to blow it up with Fulminant Prisms.
- Those with Iron Shot and similar can make good use of it here, as ice statues have abysmal EV.
- Characters without ranged options should pile on the cold resistance, then charge the statue from the closest available cover. Depending on your equipment and abilities, further buffing oneself or blinking into melee range may also be recommended.
- Ice statues can't see invisible. Attacking them while invisible allows you to stab them and greatly reduces the odds of them casting anything at you.