| Fedhas is the god of plant and fungal life. Followers are forbidden from harming any species under Fedhas' protection. In return Fedhas grants a number of abilities that promote the growth of plant and fungi. These abilities may incidentally prove useful to adventurers.
Plants and fungi will not attack Fedhas' worshippers without provocation. Fedhas' worshippers may walk through plants or fungi, and even fire missiles or spells through them without causing harm. Fedhas grants powers to temporarily grow a menagerie of plant allies whose strength and duration increase with Invocations skill. Worshipers may grow a protective wall of briar patches as well as ballistomycetes that fire damaging spores whose explosions confuse living creatures. Devout followers can overgrow a stretch of solid terrain with a cluster of plant allies or even summon a mighty oklob plant.
Fedhas likes it when you kill living beings, you destroy the undead, you kill demons, you kill holy beings and you destroy nonliving beings.
Fedhas dislikes it when you destroy plants.
Demigods are also unable to worship Fedhas (or any other god).
- You or your allies destroying plants. (Piety loss)
- Attacking allied flora. (Piety loss)
- Allowing allied flora to die. Wandering mushrooms dying from running out of HD doesn't count. (Piety loss)
Piety level -: "Fungal"
- All plants are friendly towards you. (Passive). Note this includes strong monsters like oklob plants and thorn hunters.
- You can walk through plants, though it takes 50% longer than normal to do so. (Passive)
- You can fire through all allied plant-type creatures without harming them. (Passive)
Piety level *: "Green [Species]"
- No new abilities.
Piety level **: "Cultivator"
- You can encircle yourself with summoned briar patches. (Costs 3 MP, 50-100 Food, and 2-3 Piety)
Piety level ***: "Fruitful"
- You can grow a ballistomycete, which can damage and confuse enemy monsters. Or you and your allies if you're not careful! (Costs 4 MP, 100-200 Food, and 4-6 Piety)
Piety level ****: "Photosynthesist"
- You can transform dungeon walls and trees into plant allies by using the Overgrow ability. (Costs 8 MP, 200-400 Food, and 12-18 Piety)
Piety level *****: "Green Death"
- You can grow an oklob plant. (Costs 6 MP, 150-300 Food, and 6-9 Piety)
Piety level ******: "Force of Nature"
- No new abilities.
Plants spawned by Fedhas are improved by Invocations skill; eg, oklobs' rate of fire is improved.
| Fedhas does not appreciate abandonment, and will call down fearful punishments on disloyal followers!
It is Fedhas's considered opinion that offenders against the natural order (Fedhas) simply need more exposure to nature to realize the error of their ways. Accordingly, Fedhas provides said nature, in the form of pure elemental destruction, waves of giant spores rising from nearby corpses, and, for the truly incorrigible, surrounding rings of animate mushrooms and acid-spitting oklobs.
During penance, Fedhas will occasionally punish you with one of the following forms of divine retribution:
- The elements will be invoked against you. This equates to a random Ice Magic, Earth Magic, Fire Magic, or Air Magic miscast.
- Hostile plants (biased towards oklobs) will grow around you. This effect will only happen when abandoning Fedhas, never when simply under penance.
- Corpses in line of sight will produce hostile spores.
- All previously neutral or allied plants will also turn hostile upon abandonment or excommunication.
- Along with improving your ability success rate, improving Invocations also improves the HD of your summons. In general, this increases HP and damage, although for oklob plants it increase fire speed instead of damage.
- Be aware that your ability to fire through allied plants does not apply to every spell in the game; some will inflict friendly fire and cost you piety.
- The following spells can pass through allied plants without harming them: Magic Dart, Shock, Sting, Mephitic Cloud, Stone Arrow, Bolt of Magma, Lightning Bolt, Venom Bolt, Iron Shot, Poison Arrow, and Lehudib's Crystal Spear).
- The following spells will affect allied plants as described:
- Orbs of Destruction cannot pass through.
- Battlespheres' beams cannot pass through.
- Fireball can pass through, but the resulting explosion will harm allied plants.
- Enchantments like Pain, Ensorcelled Hibernation, etc. can not pass through, though they will not affect the plant.
- Fedhas protects allied plants from the clouds produced by Ignite Poison, Freezing Cloud, Ring of Flames, and Glaciate, but not from Tornado.
- Fedhas protects allied plants from the explosions of Lee's Rapid Deconstruction and Ignition, but not from Fulminant Prism.
- Static Discharge, Ozocubu's Refrigeration, Conjure Ball Lightning, Chain Lightning, Shatter, and Fire Storm will harm allied plants.
- prior to 0.24, Fedhas did not allow the undead to worship them, and Fedhas abilities had a food cost. In addition to that Fedhas' abilities were greatly reworked.
- Prior to 0.22, Evolution was granted at *, and Sunlight was granted at **.
- Prior to 0.21, Fedhas abilities used fruits rather than rations.
- Prior to 0.15, worshipers of Fedhas could not cast Sublimation of Blood without incurring piety loss and/or penance.
- Prior to 0.8, Decomposition was accomplished as an ability, not through prayer.
|Good||Elyvilon • The Shining One • Zin|
|Neutral||Ashenzari • Cheibriados • Fedhas Madash • Hepliaklqana • Gozag Ym Sagoz • Nemelex Xobeh • Okawaru • Qazlal • Ru • Sif Muna • Trog • Uskayaw • Vehumet • Wu Jian|
|Chaotic||Jiyva • Xom|
|Evil||Beogh • Dithmenos • Kikubaaqudgha • Yredelemnul|
|Chaotic and Evil||Lugonu • Makhleb|