|A strikingly realistic sapphire statue of a famous earth mage who disappeared after a catastrophic spell failure. She is clutching a book.|
Roxanne, Geomancer Emeritus is a unique statue that can cast powerful Earth Magic and uses an irresistible blink spell to keep you within her attack range. If you can somehow keep your distance from her, she's harmless, but she can brutalize anything that gets too close.
While she resists all elements and has a fair amount of AC, she is unable to regenerate lost HP. Killing her is always rewarded with a (possibly randart) spell book filled with Earth Magic and Transmutations spells. The book is guaranteed to contain Statue Form.
Tips & Tricks
- Spellcasters can wear her down with long-range, irresistible spells; Airstrike, Lee's Rapid Deconstruction, or Orb of Destruction will cut through her fairly quickly. Anyone else can accomplish the same through use of ranged weapons, though this will be a very slow process if you lack any weapon skill.
- If you do get affected by her Blink Other spell, don't panic. Attempting to flee on foot will almost always fail. To retreat safely, read a scroll of fog to block her LOS long enough for you to escape, or simply blink or teleport away if that's not an option.
- Melee fighters should try to get into melee range as quickly as possible, and are at extreme risk of taking a brutal amount of damage at any moment. Quaffing a potion of invisibility and potion of agility will seriously hamper her ability to blast you, while a scroll of silence will completely negate her ability to attack you.
- Blocking her spells with a shield of reflection is a hilarious way to deal with her, if you've got a respectable SH score. Just be aware that the occasional spell will get past your shield; nothing ruins your day like a sudden crystal spear to the face.
- Swarming her with an army of summons is an excellent way to deal with her; throw enough targets at her and she'll be much less likely to attack you. Still, watch out for her Bolt of Magma, and make sure to keep the reinforcements coming as she harpoons them down one by one.
- Last but not least, if you are having trouble with her, remember you don't have to kill everything when you first see it. This is true of any dangerous monster, but especially true of a stationary one. Don't be afraid to run away; she'll be there when you come back, if you even feel that killing her later is necessary.