|| A piece of cloth and leather for launching stones, adequate for hunting small game like rabbits or goblins.
"And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sank into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth."
-KJV Bible, 1 Samuel 17:49.
This weapon falls into the 'Ranged Weapons' category. It is a one-handed weapon.
Slings are one-handed Ranged Weapons. They are the lighest ranged weapon, and much more common than the other ranged one-hander, hand crossbows.
- In 0.29, hunting slings were renamed back into slings, with the removal of the Slings skill and fustibali. They now use Ranged Weapons skill. Also, prior to this version:
- Hunting slings required use of stones or sling bullets, which added 2 or 4 damage.
- They had an accuracy of +2 and a base delay of 12 (mindelay of 6).
- Their damage did not scale with DEX and their attack speed wasn't slowed down by armour encumbrance, like all ranged weapons.
- In 0.15, slings were renamed into hunting slings, with the addition of greatslings (fustibali). Ranged combat also worked differently; they had 0 base damage, which was improved by their ammo.