|This is a somewhat degenerate species of Elves. They are mirror images of High Elves in some respects: they have no special proficiency with bows or swords (long or short), nor do they have any aptitude in the traditional areas of High Elven magic (charms and conjurations). On the other hand, they are superlative transmuters, and are comfortable dabbling in necromantic, poison and elemental magic. As fighters, they are often more dangerous unarmed than armed. They advance in levels slightly slower than Humans, but faster than all other Elves.|
- Sludge Elves get a small bonus when using elven weapons and armour. For Sludge Elves, elven armour impeded spellcasting less than other armours and improved their effective Armour skill. They were slightly more accurate with elven weapons.
- Warriors: Monk, Hunter, Assassin
- Zealots: Healer
- Warrior-mages: Transmuter
- Mages: Wizard, Summoner, Necromancer, Fire Elementalist, Ice Elementalist, Air Elementalist, Earth Elementalist, Venom Mage
- +1 intelligence or dexterity (equal chance) every 4th level.
- 10% less HP than average.
- 10% more MP than average.
- +4 magic resistance per level.
Starting Equipment and Skills
Sludge Elves start with the equipment and skills listed for their background, with the following exceptions:
- All equipment is "elven" in quality, where such variants exist.
Difficulty of Play
Sludge Elves are a moderately difficult species to play: they have -10% HP, and their aptitudes favor a few, complicated, styles of play. They are great at Unarmed Combat and Transmutations... but without the HP, strength, or Claws of a Troll, Unarmed is harder to 'get off the ground'.
Values are from the most recent version that had both the species and the skill
|Maces & Flails||-2||Shields||-2||Charms||-2|
|Ranged Weapons||N/A||Experience||0||Ice Magic||1|
- Sludge Elves were removed in 0.13.