|This is a somewhat degenerate species of Elves. They are mirror images of High Elves in some respects: they have no special proficiency with bows or swords (long or short), nor do they have any aptitude in the traditional areas of High Elven magic (charms and conjurations). On the other hand, they are superlative transmuters, and are comfortable dabbling in necromantic, poison and elemental magic. As fighters, they are often more dangerous unarmed than armed. They advance in levels slightly slower than Humans, but faster than all other Elves.|
- Sludge Elves got a small bonus when using elven weapons and armor. For Sludge Elves, elven armour impeded spellcasting less than other armours and improved their effective Armour skill. They were slightly more accurate with elven weapons.
- Warriors: Monk, Hunter, Assassin
- Zealots: Healer
- Warrior-mages: Transmuter
- Mages: Wizard, Summoner, Necromancer, Fire Elementalist, Ice Elementalist, Air Elementalist, Earth Elementalist, Venom Mage
- +1 intelligence or dexterity (equal chance) every 4th level.
- 10% less HP than average.
- 10% more MP than average.
- +4 magic resistance per level.
Starting Equipment and Skills
Sludge Elves started with the equipment and skills listed for their background, with the following exceptions:
- All equipment was "elven" in quality, where such variants exist.
Difficulty of Play
Sludge Elves were a moderately difficult species to play, because of the complexity of the most effective playstyles. Sludge Elves were excellent fighters with Unarmed Combat, but they lacked the Unarmed damage bonuses that other specialists like Trolls and Ghouls have. However, their excellent aptitude for Transmutations remedied this, due to its many Unarmed Combat boosting spells (Blade Hands, Statue Form, Dragon Form, Necromutation, etc).
The higher the value, the better the aptitude.
|Maces & Flails||-2||Shields||-2||Summonings||1|
Sludge Elves were removed in 0.13.