(Redirected from Hand)
|Weapon Type||One handed weapons||One handed weapons
(Two handed for little species)
|Two handed weapons||Two handed weapons|
for large species only
|Double sword||Great sword
|Maces and Flails||Club
Giant spiked club
|Entries with * can be wielded as two handed weapons by spriggans and kobolds.|
- Felids are little species and cannot wield weapons, throw items, or evoke magical staves because they lack opposable thumbs.
- Spriggans are little, and Kobolds are small, but they can wield quarterstaves, lajatangs, shortbows, and crossbows as two handed weapons.
- Ogres and Trolls are large species.
- Nagas and Palentongas have large bodies with medium torsos, so don't get any special access to weapons.
- All other races are medium species.
With the exception of Felid, anyone can wear a shield, though with varying extents. Formicids have four strong arms, so can wield a two-handed weapon and a shield. Everyone else (including the 8-tentacled Octopode) is limited to one-handers.
- Spriggans and Kobolds are more encumbered by a shield, and can not wear tower shields. Spriggans can't use kite shields, either.
- Ogres and Trolls find bucklers too small for them, though have reduced shield penalties.
- Nagas, Palentongas, and Formicids have no shield restrictions, but also find shields easier to wield.
- In 0.18 throwing delays followed the throwing skill dependency improvements like other weapons. Before this thrown missiles used the unarmed combat skill and were not impacted by wearing a shield.
- In the 0.14.2 bug fix release transformations no longer allow the character to wield too-large weapons.
- Prior to 0.12, there were two additional types of handedness: 1.5-handed (which could be used with a shield but suffered larger-than-normal penalties) and double-handed (which had even worse penalties, plus cut the weapon's base damage in half).