(Redirected from Shields skill)
Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
This page is about the skill. For general information see Shields.
The Shields skill denotes how effective your character is at blocking melee or ranged attacks with shields. A higher Shields skill raises your SH score and decreases the penalties to your EV, spellcasting, and attack speed. At 27 skill, all penalties will be removed.
- Prior to 0.28, shield penalty formulas were different, completely negated at certain Shields skill thresholds. The skill also reduced the shield accuracy penalty.
- Prior to 0.16, the Shining One's Divine Shield benefitted from Shields skill.
- Prior to 0.15, you had to be wearing a shield to train the skill.
- Prior to 0.12, Condensation Shield spell was affected by Shields skill.
- Prior to 0.7, wearing shields didn't reduce attack speed.
|Weapons|| Short Blades • Long Blades • Ranged Weapons
Axes • Maces & Flails • Polearms • Staves • Unarmed Combat • Throwing
|Physical||Fighting • Armour • Dodging • Stealth • Shields|
|Magical||Spellcasting • Invocations • Evocations|
|Spell Schools||Air • Conjurations • Earth • Fire • Hexes • Ice • Necromancy • Poison • Summoning • Translocations • Transmutations|