(Redirected from Short blades)
Version 0.29: This article is up to date for the latest stable release of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
The Short Blades skill denotes how adept your character is at using short bladed weapons. Although these weapons have the lowest base damage in the game, you can attack fast with them, and they do obscene amounts of damage when used for stabbing. This skill crosstrains with the Long Blades skill.
Short Blades use Dexterity instead of Strength for their attacks.
List of Short Blades
- In 0.29, Short Blades now use Dexterity instead of Strength for their attacks. Except for daggers, all short blades were reduced by 1 base damage.
- Prior to 0.20, the Captain's Cutlass still dealt slicing damage despite all other short blades dealing piercing damage.
- In 0.16, cutlasses were renamed to rapiers. Short swords and rapiers were changed from slicing to piercing damage.
- In 0.14, sabres were renamed to cutlasses.
- In 0.9, knives were removed.
|Weapons|| Short Blades • Long Blades • Ranged Weapons
Axes • Maces & Flails • Polearms • Staves • Unarmed Combat • Throwing
|Physical||Fighting • Armour • Dodging • Stealth • Shields|
|Magical||Spellcasting • Invocations • Evocations|
|Spell Schools||Air • Conjurations • Earth • Fire • Hexes • Ice • Necromancy • Poison • Summoning • Translocations • Transmutations|