For a list of all ogres, see list of ogres.
|An especially cunning ogre-mage.|
Tips & Tricks
- If you see Erolcha, buff up your willpower -- characters who first meet Erolcha are unlikely to be prepared to survive in the Abyss.
- You can block her line of fire with summons or other monsters; she might still be able to hit you with a Fireball, but that's often better than being sent to the Abyss.
- Erolcha has only modest HP and poor defenses. Hit her hard and she'll fall quickly, but be aware that she can have decent melee damage output if she's carrying a giant spiked club.
- Despite her description as an "especially cunning ogre-mage", she actually has less HD than actual ogre mages, and deals less damage. She appears considerably earlier than normal ogre mages, though.
- She actually has the same spell set as wizards (though slightly weaker, due to having less HD).
- Prior to 0.29, Erolcha did not attack slowly, but dealt 20 base damage in melee. Since she usually carries a giant club, she dealt more damage/turn in melee.
- Prior to 0.27, Erolcha could have one of several spell sets:
- Also, since monsters had weapon penalties, her melee was less threatening. With a giant club, Erolcha attacked at the same speed as in current versions, but with 20 base damage (not 30).
- Prior to 0.25, Erolcha could have Iskenderun's Mystic Blast instead of Force Lance.
- Prior to 0.19, Erolcha could cast Bolt of Fire, Confuse, Magic Dart, Throw Flame, Sting, and Venom Bolt. Also, she had five spell sets instead of three.
- Prior to 0.17, Erolcha could cast Teleport Self and Teleport Other.