For a list of all ogres, see list of ogres.
|An especially cunning ogre-mage.|
Erolcha the Cunning is a notoriously dangerous unique ogre mage spawned with one of three sets of spells. Depending on which set she gets, she may be able to easily one- or two-shot most mid-level characters, or send a player with low willpower to the Abyss.
Tips & Tricks
- When you see her cast a spell, the game uses that information to narrow down which spell set she has. The two most dangerous are those that contain Crystal Spear and Banishment; fortunately, they are fairly easy to identify. When you first meet her, assume the worst and buff up your willpower.
- If you think she knows Banish, you can block her line of fire with summons or other monsters.
- Erolcha has only modest HP and poor defenses. Hit her hard and she'll fall quickly, but be aware that she can have decent melee damage output if she's carrying a giant spiked club.
- Despite her description as an "especially cunning ogre-mage", she actually has considerably less HD than an actual ogre mage, and a generally less-dangerous spell set, since she lacks Haste Other. She does appear considerably earlier than normal ogre mages, though.
- Although she has the same spell sets as wizards, her spells do slightly less damage because she has lower hit dice.
- Prior to 0.25, Erolcha could have Iskenderun's Mystic Blast instead of Force Lance.
- Prior to 0.19, Erolcha could cast Bolt of Fire, Confuse, Magic Dart, Throw Flame, Sting, and Venom Bolt. Also, she had five spell sets instead of three.
- Prior to 0.17, Erolcha could cast Teleport Self and Teleport Other.