Invocations denotes how skilful your character is at beseeching a deity for help. It improves the power and/or success rate of most god-given powers. (For some gods, piety also has this effect.) Unless you have a manual of Invocations, you can train the skill if and only if your god uses it.
The average aptitude of all species, excluding coloured draconian, is 1.037.
Invocations skill is useful when worshipping one of the following gods:
The remaining gods do not use Invocations skill:
- Kikubaaqudgha's abilities are powered by Necromancy.
- Ashenzari, Gozag Ym Sagoz, Jiyva, Ru, Trog and Wu Jian give abilities that are independent of skills.
- Vehumet and Xom don't provide any active abilities.
- Prior to 0.19, Nemelex Xobeh's abilities were based on Evocations.
- Prior to 0.14, Jiyva's abilities were based on Invocations.
- In 0.12, a hidden special cost for training Invocations was removed and aptitudes were adjusted.
|Melee||Short Blades • Long Blades • Axes • Maces & Flails • Polearms • Staves • Unarmed Combat|
|Ranged||Bows • Crossbows • Throwing • Slings|
|Physical||Fighting • Armour • Dodging • Stealth • Shields|
|Magical||Spellcasting • Invocations • Evocations|
|Spell Schools||Air • Charms • Conjurations • Earth • Fire • Hexes • Ice • Necromancy • Poison • Summoning • Translocations • Transmutations|