Invocations denotes how skillful your character is at beseeching a deity for help. It improves the power and/or success rate of most god-given powers. (For some gods, piety also has this effect.)
Invocations skill is useful when worshipping one of the following gods:
The remaining gods do not use Invocations skill:
- Kikubaaqudgha's abilities are powered by Necromancy.
- Ashenzari, Gozag, Ignis, Jiyva, Ru, Trog, and Wu Jian give abilities that are independent of skills.
- Vehumet and Xom don't provide any active abilities.
- Prior to 0.26, you could train this skill only if your god used it or if you had a manual of Invocations.
- Prior to 0.19, Nemelex Xobeh's abilities were based on Evocations.
- Prior to 0.14, Jiyva's abilities were based on Invocations.
- Prior to 0.12, Invocations required 80% as much XP in order to train, but all aptitudes were -1 lower.
|Melee||Short Blades • Long Blades • Axes • Maces & Flails • Polearms • Staves • Unarmed Combat|
|Ranged||Bows • Crossbows • Throwing • Slings|
|Physical||Fighting • Armour • Dodging • Stealth • Shields|
|Magical||Spellcasting • Invocations • Evocations|
|Spell Schools||Air • Conjurations • Earth • Fire • Hexes • Ice • Necromancy • Poison • Summoning • Translocations • Transmutations|