Obsolete: This article refers to an aspect of the game which has been removed. It is retained for historical reference only.
|| Half insect, half human, Mayflytaurs have incredibly short lifespans but have evolved to be exceptionally overpowered in just about every imaginable way.
- Short Lifespan: Mayflytaurs are easily found by Zot; their Zot clock runs 10 times faster.
- Passive Mapping 1: Mayflytaurs can sense parts of the layout of the dungeon around them.
- Big Wings: Mayflytaurs can fly.
- Damage Reduction: Mayflytaurs suffer less damage from every source. This applies separately to every source of damage, every time it is dealt; for instance, damage shaving generally negates the effects of all but the worst cases of being poisoned.
Mayflytaurs have a base Strength of 9, Intelligence of 9, and Dexterity of 9 (before background modifiers). They start with an extra MP point.
Starting Skills and Equipment
Mayflytaurs start with the skills and equipment listed for their background.
Difficulty of Play
Thanks to their extremely restrictive turn conducts, playing like any other character is outright impossible. Mayflytaurs would often have to skip floors and imploy meta turncount strategies just to live. These tactics also tend to make My players underleveled, even with their obscene stats.
The higher the value, the better the aptitude.
- Mayflytaurs were added on 1 April 2022 and removed on the next day. 26 players managed to win 32 out of 736 games (4.35% win rate), and Sapher got a new best score result with a MyTm.
- Mayflytaurs originate from hellmonk's fork, bloatcrawl2. As it was forked before the introduction of the Zot clock, Mayflytaurs instead immediately die after turn 20,000. They don't gain passive mutations, but have a different set of aptitudes (most skills are +4).