Potion of cancellation
|A potion which ends most magical effects, good or bad, affecting one who drinks it. It also reduces magical contamination.|
Quaffing a potion of cancellation immediately ends nearly all status effects you may be enjoying/suffering from. It also removes 1000-5000 points of magic contamination. The potion's description lists all your current status effects that can be removed by the potion.
Affected Status Effects
- Many action disabling effects:
- Many debuffs:
- Elemental vulnerabilities:
- Other effects:
- Most effects available from potions, excluding berserk:
- Necromancy spells:
- Certain other spells:
Resistant Status Effects
Rather than being dispelled outright, these status effects will have their duration set to 1 turn.
These statuses can be cancelled normally, but are either exclusive to monsters, or a player wouldn't be able to act while in the status (where a monster's Quicksilver Bolt can end it).
- Antimagic (only a status for monsters)
- Bind Souls, Simulacrum
- Repel Missiles
- Word of Recall
Unaffected Status Effects
- No Potions / No Scrolls
- Direct damage:
- Action cooldowns:
- Death's Door
- Dragon's Call
- Powered By Death
- Polar Vortex
- Quad Damage
- All god-granted status effects
Cancellation is incredibly useful for removing a variety of detrimental status effects. Some of the more important statuses include Petrify, Mark from an alarm trap, and bad forms. While it will also remove contamination, using it simply for this purpose is often less useful than for emergency status removal, especially considering that these potions are on the rarer side.
It'll also remove some of the more useful statuses like Haste and Tele, so be careful! This makes enemies with Quicksilver Bolt some of the more threatening monsters in the game.
The following statuses may be ended via other sources:
- Confusion - quaffing a potion of curing
- Teleport - reading another scroll of teleportation
- Slow - negated by haste
- The list of the cancellable effects was added to the potion's description in 0.27.
- Potions of cancellation were added in 0.15, partially taking the role of scrolls of vulnerability.
- duration-data.h:L159 (0.29.0)
|Ambrosia • Attraction • Berserk rage • Brilliance • Cancellation • Curing • Degeneration • Experience • Flight • Haste • Heal wounds • Invisibility • Lignification • Magic • Might • Mutation • Resistance|