|A staff improved with arcane powers of unknown nature.|
A magical staff is a device which enhances your spells in one of a variety of different ways. It occupies your weapon slot and can be used as a +0 staff in combat if need be. Unlike normal weapons, they cannot be enchanted in any way; instead, some magical staves deal additional elemental damage based on your skill in Evocations and the corresponding school of magic and/or provide other effects such as resistances or additional abilities.
Magical staves can be cursed, like other weapons.
Damage Dealt: 0 to 1.25×(School+[Evocations/2])
Chance to Activate: (Evocations + School/2)×6.66% per hit
- Staff of fire: Fire damage, grants rF+.
- Staff of cold: Cold damage, grants rC+.
- Staff of earth: Physical damage, which is strongly reduced by armour.
- Staff of air: Electricity damage, grants rElec.
- Staff of poison: (50+Poison Magic×12.5)% chance to poison the target (can even affect poison-resistant living targets, but has to pass a Poison/16 chance), grants rPois.
- Staff of death: (12.5+Necromancy×12.5)% chance of negative energy damage (does not affect targets with negative energy resistance or drain the target), grants rN+.
- Staff of conjuration: Irresistible damage, which is reduced by AC.
- In 0.26, staves of summoning, wizardry, and energy were removed. Staves of conjuration got the melee effect of staves of earth (irresistible damage that's reduced by AC); staves of earth got a higher base damage, but with the shrapnel effect of being affected 3 times by AC.
- In 0.25, staves of power were removed.
- Prior to 0.19, staves of fire, earth, air, and cold would act as negative spell enhancers for their opposing elemental school.
- Prior to 0.18, staves of summoning granted the warding property.
- Prior to 0.17, staves of summoning could abjure summoned creatures in melee.
- In 0.13, the Staff of channeling was removed. Its ability to channel MP was given to staves of energy.
- In 0.12, the Staff of enchantment, which enhanced the power of Hexes and Charms, was removed.
- Prior to 0.8, the chance of a magical staff auto-identifying when wielded depended on the skill of the wielder in its corresponding school (or Spellcasting if none applied).
|Axes||Battleaxe • Broad axe • Executioner's axe • Hand axe • War axe|
|Bows||Shortbow (Arrow) • Longbow (Arrow)|
|Crossbows||Arbalest (Bolt) • Hand crossbow (Bolt) • Triple crossbow (Bolt)|
|Maces & Flails||Club • Demon whip • Dire flail • Eveningstar • Flail • Giant club • Giant spiked club • Great mace • Mace • Morningstar • Sacred scourge • Whip|
|Long Blades||Demon blade • Double sword • Eudemon blade • Falchion • Great sword • Long sword • Scimitar • Triple sword|
|Polearms||Bardiche • Demon trident • Glaive • Halberd • Scythe • Spear • Trident • Trishula|
|Short Blades||Dagger • Quick blade • Rapier • Short sword|
|Slings||Fustibalus (Sling bullet, Stone) • Hunting sling (Sling bullet, Stone)|
|Staves||Lajatang • Magical staff • Quarterstaff|
|Throwing||Boomerang • Dart • Javelin • Large rock • Stone • Throwing net|